Filming in Wandsworth
Please contact the Film Office to discuss your shoot before submitting an application through FilmApp.
Filming on the Street
- All applications for Filming on the Street requires a minimum of five clear working days. Please contact the Film Office to discuss your enquiry before submitting an application.
- If any of the below is relevant to your application, please contact the Film Office in the first instance:
- Any production filming in the Borough of Wandsworth that would like to place any equipment on either the public highway or on a parking bay that they have suspended should apply for a non excavation permit through the Wandsworth Highways Department. Or/and if they need to book a road space to facilitate a film production.
- The charge for this permit is £65.00.
- Small crews of five people or less (including actors) using a handheld or tripod mounted camera will not require this permit providing that they will not be causing an obstruction on the public highway at any time.
- You are responsible for contacting the Metropolitan Police to make them aware of your shoot.
- Filming on the streets and the removal and relocation of street furniture is co-ordinated via Wandsworth Council’s on-street services section.
Filming in Other Locations
- All applications for Filming across the borough requires a minimum of seven clear working days. Please contact the Film Office to discuss your enquiry before submitting an application.
- If your filming involves housing estates, unit basing, night filming, stunts, weapons, fire, smoke or any police presence you may require a longer lead time then previously stated.
- Parking Suspensions Plans MUST be discussed with the Film Office at the earliest opportunity. Large parking suspensions requests (more than five bays) require a site meeting and approval from various sections.
- All applications require a minimum of 10 clear working days for suspension requests. The day of submission is not included in the clear working days and excludes weekends and bank holidays.
- To suspend all forms of restricted or controlled parking for filming, please highlight your requirements when you apply to film, including a diagram and parking plan.
- Payment for approved suspension requests must be received at least five clear working days before the date of suspension. If payment is not received your suspension request will be cancelled.
- Find out about Wandsworth Council’s bay suspension and yellow line waiver charges.
- Small shoots are able to apply direct to the Film Office for parking permits at short notice (three working days notice). The maximum number of permits that will be issued to one production is five per day.
- Download the parking Terms and Conditions
Take a look at our locations gallery on Flickr and contact us for more information on any locations you are interested in.
We can assist with location preparation including –
- Playing field/pitch marking
- Filming and events Police presence
- Location wet downs
- Unit parking assistance
- Refuse collection
Administration fee may apply subject to type of shoot.
Late Application fee: For late applications a fee of £100 may be applied.
Charges for filming and photography on council property.
The following are guidelines of the hourly rates charged (all prices are subject to VAT)
- Photography: £105 – £140
- TV: £140 – £285
- Commercial and Feature Film: £190 – £700
The following are guidelines of the daily rate (12 hours) charged (all prices are subject to VAT)
- Photography: £1,000 – £1,350
- TV: £1,350 – £2,550
- Commercial and Feature Film: £1,850 – £6,550
Student rates are negotiated after an initial enquiry.